SHOE CARE FOR SUSTAINABILITY
Look after your leather, and your leather will look after you…
Regular care will preserve the water-resistance of your leather shoes and make them last much, much longer.
Good for you, good for the planet.
If you’ve been out on a wet muddy hike or trudging through the rain on your daily commute, we can’t recommend enough that you give your leather shoes some TLC to keep them at their barefoot best.
- However tempting, never leave your leather shoes to dry next to a heat source such as a radiator or fireside as it will dry them out and cause damage in the long-term.
- Start with a clean pallet! Let your shoes dry and brush off any mud and dirt. Give them a wipe with a warm damp cloth to remove any stubborn excess dirt
- Select a high-quality natural wax/balsam designed for leather and massage generously into the leather – the best way to do this is with your hands! The slight warmth will help to work the wax in. Pay close attention to the seams and where the sole meets the upper – this will help nourish the leather and plug any gaps that water could work its way through.
- Leave them over night and give them a buff with a dusting cloth to bring up a healthy glow. Remember, don’t leave your shoes next to a heat source!
- Top it all off with some Liquiproof leather protection, giving extra hydrophobic resilience and repelling mud and dirt on for your next venture (but it won’t turn them into wellies!)
And Voila! Happy, nourished leather that’s ready to keep you warm and dry for the wild wonderings to come.
SHOE CARE FOR SUSTAINABILITY We want your synthetic/mesh shoes to last as long as possible – good for you, good for the planet! If you prefer wearing your trainers without socks, or you’ve been working up a sweat and need to freshen them up a little, this handy guide will help you keep your shoes [...]
In today’s modern world of fake news and extreme social norms, shoes don’t seem to be getting any more down to earth either!It hasn’t always been that way, but take a look around (at ground level) and you will notice that it’s getting pretty normal for shoe design to be responding with some pretty abnormal [...]
Emma Foster-Geering, our new Head of Sustainability at Vivobarefoot shares her view on the Vivo vision and journey towards a more sustainable business future.“Being a part of the Vivobarefoot team is a fantastic opportunity to really show how a company that makes stuff can also be taking bold and rapid action to only design products [...]
No matter how well you design and build a house, if it has a bad foundation it won't stand for very long. The human body can be looked at in a similar way, our feet are a foundation for our bodies, and basic movements and posture serve as a foundation for the more complicated things [...]
There is a LOT of choice and a LOT of confusing and sometimes even conflicting terminology out there when it comes to footwear. Even if you’re searching for‘barefoot’ or minimalist shoes – sometimes the literature is anything but minimalist!So here’s a handy run-down to help you navigate your way towards barefoot moving…ZERO DROP – means [...]
Sustainability covers a lot of areas, and can be approached in as many ways; but making earth positive products that ultimately improve the health of people and the planet is our main goal at Vivo. After years of shoemaking, we came to realise that ‘sustainable shoemaking is barefoot shoemaking’.Simply put, this means we are in [...]
Journey behind the scenes of our campaign shoot on the magical Portuguese island, where we encourage you to “Feel More” this summerSummer is here which means one thing: adventure beckons. Longer, lighter days, sunshine, eating al fresco, holidays, long weekends…there’s a lot to feel good about in the summer months. Summer is feel-good in its [...]
Your body craves more movement. From your head to the tip of your toes, each part of your body needs a daily dose of stimulation in order to function at its optimum. Further, since your body originally evolved to move in particular ways (ie, the ways that allow you to move through nature) there are [...]
ABOUTShoespiracy is a short documentary which sheds light on a ‘shoe-shaped’ public health scandal. This feet-first short documentary is set to challenge the way you think about the effects your footwear is having on your feet, and your overall health.This short documentary was made by VIVOBAREFOOT and Fable Films, to capture the professional opinions of [...]